Here in the UK (and I'm assuming the rest of Europe as well), they display the date differently. The last couple times I've had to write it down, I've received some chuckles... followed by me saying "Oh! Sorry, I just did that the American way".
So, the Euro way is as follows...
Day/Month/Year
As opposed to,
Month/Day/Year (like we do in the States)
So, my birthday would be displayed as: 27/06/83... looks weird, huh? Probably why I'm having trouble picking it up! Although logically it may make sense, I'm just used to a number no larger than 12 in that first slot. Putting "27" down is still very foreign to me.
Additionally, when speaking the date, you wouldn't say "June 27th". Rather, you would say "the 27th of June".
In Manchester this past weekend, when picking up my "In the City" delegate pass, I accidentally displayed the date as '10/4/08'. The guy helping me noticed it, laughed, and said "God Bless the US of A".
- Chris
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment