This weekend, Chris and I decided to explore. We made a list of stuff we wanted to do:
1. Get Waffles
2. Go shopping for stuff
3. Eat Sushi!
We headed to a place called Qwaff's Waffle House. Instead of getting waffles, I thought I'd try the crepes and they were delicious!!! I was so happy to finally find a great breakfast place. Chris' waffle was a little on the crispier side, but he was still satisfied. And the best part was that it was cheap!
I wasn't feeling so hot (Fresher's Flu someone called it) so we stayed in for awhile and read. I started reading Chuck Palahniuk's "Lullaby" and am almost finished - hoping to finish tonight. Chris started reading Palahniuk's "Rant" that he picked up at the bookstore earlier in the day. I think they are both about serial killers....hmm...does the author have a theme going here?
Around dinner time, we headed out in search of the one Japanese restaurant we Googled called Etsu. We wrote down directions which eventually took us down by the docks. And this is what we found:
The Liver Building (pronounced Lye-ver)
Finally, after asking a meter guy for directions, we were able to find the restaurant which was a lot closer to our flat than we actually thought. No matter, because it was worth the walk around. It was DELICIOUS!!!! We had edamame, miso soup, udon, sushi....I couldn't believe how much I missed all of it. I felt nourished again. Unfortunately, like most delicious food in this city, it was PRICEY! That's why we're going to make our own sushi etc. (Thanks to my Auntie Kim and Uncle Frank for sending us the AWESOME care package of much needed Asian food!).
After dinner, we walked back a way we had never gone before and came across something totally random. A gigantic spider of light.
We didn't get a chance to go to the Albert Dock, but hopefully we'll go this coming weekend. There are a couple museums that we'd like to check out along with a ton of restaurants/pubs too. So far, the docks are one of our favourite places since it reminds us a little of home and San Francisco.
Til next time!
Nic
xoxoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment