Monday, April 20, 2009

Kristina's Visit

In early April, we had our first visitor! Kristina is a friend I met while working at Cutter & Buck. She (and another friend Jennie) is from Sweden and was interning in Seattle for a few months. Sadly, when they tried to come back after the holidays, they were detained and eventually deported (just like us). So, it had been a little over a year since we last saw her.

She flew in from Oslo and met us in London, and we proceeded to ride the tube all around the city.  The first day we shopped for hours on Oxford Street (Chris kept up!) and ate at a lovely French restaurant in Notting Hill.


Here are a few pictures of Notting Hill - a very expensive and artsy neighborhood of London comparable to Fremont. We spotted a few homes for sale and they were close to 500,000 pounds and up!





This was definitely my favourite store because of their unique way of grabbing attention.



One of Chris' many silly poses. 


At one point we were at Waterloo station, one of the largest train stations in London. Apparently, a scene in The Bourne Ultimatum was filmed there.



The three of us decided to go on an adventure the next day and I think it deserves it's own blog entry. More on that shortly!

-Nicole

2 comments:

susanchenjackson said...

I remember that scene, I think it was the last Bourne movie. Someone gets assassinated.

Nicole Y. said...

Yeah! It was super intense!